Tuesday, May 6, 2008

L

Ok, I'm gonna remain as an L Plate driver, hopefully until 31st July when I'm gonna take my test again.

I was prepared to fail, so thank God for the heart preparation. Was disappointed but felt better after awhile. Actually I felt more sad at the fact that my circuit test was close to perfection until the last station - parallel parking. Everything was fine until I reversed to move out. Touched the pole. Of course, despite the failure, I've many things to thank God for.

1) Thank God it did not rain when I was having my test. It was pouring quite heavily before the test during my final warm-up lesson, and that was the first time I drove in the rain. Thank God the rain stopped before my test.

2) Thank God I was not as nervous as I thought I'd be.

3) Thank God I did not get any immediate failures :)

4) Thank God for a VERY kind and patient tester. He knew it was my first time taking the test and explained many things to me. Along the way, he pointed out my mistakes and corrected me, and for that, I'm really thankful because I understood where I went wrong. He did not get frustrated nor angry, but was smiling when explaining the mistakes. That certainly removed a lot of nervousness and anxiety throughout the test.

5) Thank God for keeping me safe throughout the test route though there were quite a number of road obstacles and the traffic wasn't smooth.

6) Thank God for the mistakes made, so I can learn from them and not repeat them the next time I take my test.

7) Thank God for the countless number of encouragements from family and friends.

One failure, yet many blessings. :)

No comments: