Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Wonderful Day at Tangkak

I guess I made the right decision when I agreed to follow Simon to Tangkak to eat durians from Alicia's grandmother's orchard! It was a short but enjoyable trip there with Simon, Jm, Nick, and Alicia. Although it drizzled when we were at the orchard, it did not stop us from eating the delicious durians! Learnt a few types of durians, and kunyit (the durians with yellow flesh) is definitely my favourite. Nick totally missed out on the wonderful durians, but that's because he doesn't like them in the first place. Haha..

Apparently, there weren't just durians.. Alicia's grandmother grows rambutans too! I don't really eat rambutans though, but the ones that I tried weren't too bad. Alicia's grandmother may be old, but don't underestimate her! She can open durians like a professional, and she doesn't even need gloves. Thank God for her hospitality :)

Tangkak's beef noodles was SUPERB. I love the soup, and the beef wasn't too tough. We did not go to Muar for otah though, despite hearing good reviews about Muar's otah. We intended to have dinner at the seafood restaurant Simon recommended at Kukup, but we're a tad too late :( Had dinner at another restaurant though, but the food was good enough for me. I especially liked the deer meat and mai pian xia (cereal prawn).

Thank God for the sweet fellowship with the friends who went up. Thank God for journey mercies throughout the journey. God was good to us by keeping us safe, even when Simon was driving close to 160km/hr!





Pictures of durians can be seen in Simon's blog!

No comments: