Monday, January 3, 2011

My Father, My Provider


It's amazing how God showed Himself worthy and mighty today, just after the morning sermon on God's provision for the new year.

Since last November, I didn't have a stable pocket money because there were no more tuition classes. I assumed that I would be following up one of the classes in 2011, but to my dismay, I did not receive anymore updates from the tuition centre, and hence, I came to the conclusion that I will not have any pocket money to see me through my last semester of school. (Well, I could ask my parents but I don't like being in debt).

During lunchtime today, I received a call from the tuition centre, reminding me to teach on Tuesday evening. The first response I gave over the phone was not of joy, but of sarcasm because I had no idea at all that I was supposed to teach in 2011. D reminded me of the morning's sermon, and in my heart I felt so bad for not having the heart of thanks when I got the phonecall.

Thinking back, God has provided for me since the tuition classes ended. The tuition classes have been quite a huge source of my pocket money for the past year and a half, so when the classes ended during the last week of October, I knew that for November and December, I'm gonna be very poor. But God being God, was so good to me. He gave me a new student to teach (without me having to travel out of my house!), and relief job or a few days at a student centre where I used to work.


My faith may run dry, but God's provisions never run out of stock!

No comments: