Saturday, October 11, 2008

Softball!

I finally overcame my laziness and went for my very first softball training in school today! Feels SO good wearing my glove, catching/tossing/throwing balls, and batting after more than 2 years! My throwing skills have become rather rusty, but my batting surprisingly has slightly improved! Guess I've finally learnt to eye the ball :) My bunting is still quite bad though, cuz I still can't seem to hold the bat in the proper bunting position. But still, I'm really, really very happy that I can finally play softball again! We even had a friendly game before training ended, and thankfully I still remembered how the game runs. Caught a pop fly at the pitcher's position! :) Watching the recent Olympic softball match has really rekindled the softball-crave in my blood haha. Nonetheless, my legs and tighs are aching now.

The training is not as tiring as my JC's one though. This is very relaxed, more free-and-easy, and the coach is not as fierce as my previous one. As of now, I still prefer my previous coach cos he was really inspiring. Of course, it's still early to say cos it's only my first training today!

Was initially quite worried that I wouldn't be able to fit in, but apparently, the other teammates are really friendly and warm.

It was also quite strange and hilarious, cuz I couldn't help but think about the baseball accidents I saw on Sports Science, so was feeling a little scared when I had to catch fast throws.

Can't wait for next Sat!

No comments: