Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I usually don't blog about these kinda stuff, but this time I have to because I can't contain my disgust and anger. I think I'm slow or something, cuz I don't even know when it started.. but it's never too late. Read the following:

The Penal Code of Singapore, in Section 377a, provides for a jail sentence for up to two years should a man be found to have committed an act of "gross indecency" with another man. (http://www.repeal377a.com/)

We discussed a little about Queer Theory in lecture today. Hoca said that it's weird to ask this question, "Do you approve of homosexuality?" I can't remember what he said about this question which he deemed as weird.

But if I were to ask myself this question (putting religion aside for awhile), I wouldn't outrightly say I approve of it, but that doesn't mean I disapprove. I guess I don't really care if someone is homosexual and engages in "gross indecency" with another man/woman. Why should I give even a teeny bit of my concern when what they're doing isn't affecting me at all? I don't gain anything, neither do I lose anything. Life goes as per normal for me. Does homosexuality makes the government look uglier? By imposing such laws, won't other countries mock at us for being so strict? That's not the point anyway. And it's not like we're some conservative states where the rules have to be set alongside some religious books or beliefs. We're a state where “all persons are equal before the law and entitled to the equal protection of the law”.
(Or so they say, eh?)

Seriously, as much as I get disgusted with homosexuals at times, cos I don't know what the hell they're thinking, I seriously feel that they should have their own privacy. They ARE humans afterall, with their OWN feelings and likings. No human should help another decide their love or sexual interest. (simply put, MIND UR OWN BUSINESS)

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
- William Shakespeare

No comments: