Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I wanna leave on a jet plane!

How I wish I can live a reclusive life right now.
And this life must not be in Singapore.

Having some tentative plans to travel in December. I would love to travel alone, but figure that it would be wiser not to travel alone to a place which I've never been before. Have asked a couple of people already, but I think they have other plans :( Jetstar offers some really cheap deals (exclude taxes, of course), and I guess if I start saving now, it should be enough for me to go somewhere in December.

Currently having two places in mind. Darwin, NT. Many people say that Darwin has practically nothing, but that is what I want. A place that's peaceful and serene, with lots of greenery, nature parks, farms etc. Weather's not too cold nor hot either, but then I'd better read up Lonely Planet thoroughly before making a decision.

Another place is Vietnam! Won't be following my family to Vietnam in May, cos they'll just be touring around HCMC. Kit just came back from his 3 weeks holiday in Vietnam, and hearing him talk about Vietnam just makes me wanna see the place for myself too, particularly Sapa, Ha Long Bay, and the DMZ. Apparently in Sapa, you get to stay with the villagers in their farms! I can only tell him that his three weeks was the epitome of the phrase, "c'est le vie!". He sounded even more excited when he told me about Vietnam compared to the last time he went to Europe!

Soon.. the horrible essays and exams will be over, and I'll be able to work during the holidays to save money! =D

No comments: