Monday, June 9, 2008

090608

Finally, the dreary week is gone. Felt slightly better over the weekends, but the issue still hovers around whenever I think about it.

Anyway, I finally got a camera. Didn't get a DSLR nor the Canon Powershot S5.. got a Lumix FZ-18 instead after some comparison done. Stella also changed her mind on getting the Canon SX100, and got a Lumix TZ15 instead (I hope I got the model right). Anyway we have been playing our cameras, and it was really fun playing with the manual functions of my camera. I'm still in the midst of learning about the different ISO, shutter speed and apeture settings.. still quite unsure of some of the functions, but it's always good to learn something new. Took some sample shots from my camera. They can be found here. Most of them were taken using the manual function.. Only the last few individual shots of my toys were taken using the IA mode. What I like about my camera is that I can add on the tele conversion and close-up lens, but I won't get those anytime soon.


Thank you, Dad and Mom, for spending so much time (and needless to say, the money), in getting the cameras for us.

Anyway, caught Kungfu Panda yesterday with some peeps from Campus. It's a really hilarious movie, and was definitely worth watching. Laughed from the beginning right up to the end. Even when the Panda was fighting the villian, the producers managed to insert some humour into those scenes. I like 3 characters very much - Po, Shifu, and Mantis. Everybody likes Po, don't need to explain why. I like Shifu because he's so puny and cute. I like Mantis, also because he's so puny and tiny, yet so comical (especially the acupuncture scene and the scene where he controlled the ropes).


Campus has been rather "quiet" lately because most of the people are back home, but Gail and Tirza are on their way to Singapore now (as I'm typing this). Hope they arrive safely.

No comments: