Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fishes and Fishing




Bluefin tuna.. on the verge of collapse so the fishing season for them will stop 2 weeks before it officially ends. Maybe we'll see less of the maguro sashimi in the Japanese restaurants?



I was watching The Blue Planet on Arts Central just now, and I was simply astonished by the huge amount of fishes that are caught every day. As much as I love eating sushi, it was quite sad to see some ruthless ways the fishes are being caught in the net. The unintended breed of fishes that were caught would be thrown back into the ocean, but by the time they're being selected, it would be too late for survival.

Besides that, the sights of the underwater world is amazing. I don't think I'll ever have the chance to dive into the big blue ocean and just explore everything underneath. The pictures definitely do no justice to the real thing. God's creation is simply amazing.

I still love sushi, by the way.. I mean those fishes in the Japanese restaurants are already dead and preserved as sashimi... might as well eat them ey? Haha

No comments: