Sunday, September 23, 2007

I had a taste of what life as a garang guni man is like today. IT'S DAMN TIRING AND I FELT SO SHAGGED JUST AFTER THE FIRST HALF OF COLLECTION.

Had to collect newspapers to raise funds for CAC FOC. On the brighter side, we managed to raise quite a lot of money, plus it was a good time to "exercise" and burn off some calories and train my arms =p

Besides having a feel of what garung guni-ng it like, I saw the life and death of a pigeon. It was a quite a sight. As I was keeping watch over the collected stuff, I saw on the grass a struggling pigeon. Seriously, I don't know how it dropped to the grass, coz just a few minutes before that, there was no pigeon there. So anyway, I saw its legs struggling while it tried to move its feathers. I couldn't see its head by the way. My friend came by and was so shocked by the pigeon coz she saw the pigeon actually foaming! (Great eyesight I must say, considering the size of the mouth of the pigeon). Both of us watched the helpless bird struggle for approximately 5 minutes before its final seconds. Its tail just gradually stopped shivering. RIP, pigeon.

But...

About a few moments later, a crow came and ate the dead pigeon and started ripping it apart. So much for RIP.

Dead pigeon with other oblivious pigeons happily pecking on dropped rice grains.



Dead Pigeon



Friend of dead pigeon, I suppose? Since it's the only pigeon that remained when the food were gone.


Seems like the friend is keeping watch over Dead Pigeon.


The group of wonderful and efficient Garung Guni-s!



TTFN~!

No comments: